COLLISION DO NOT'S
- Do not allow your insurance company to direct your car to their "preferred shop". Canadian law clearly states you can bring your vehicle to the repair centre of your choice.
- Do not allow a tow truck driver to bring your car to their shop. These drivers are often compensated for their efforts and the quality of your repair may be jeopardized due to the payout for the driver.
- It is not true that you require 3 estimates. Any repair over $1000.00 will require your insurance company to dispatch an appraiser anyway. Do not waste your valuable time going from shop to shop acquiring estimates.
- Do bring your vehicle for repair at Gyro Mazda. We have Mazda trained technicians, the latest repair technology, lifetime guarantee on repairs, and an existing relationship!
- At Gyro Mazda we are specialists in repairing your vehicle to the original manufacturer specifications. No matter what size the repair, we will get your vehicle looking new again!
GYRO MAZDA ALSO OFFERS YOU 24 HOUR EMERGENCY RENTALS AND 24 HOUR EMERGENCY TOWING.
THIS IS OFFERED THROUGH THE FOLLOWING INDEPENDENT COMPANY:
Tel.: 416 691-5555
What do I do immediately following an accident?
- If it is safe to do, remove vehicles from the roadway
- As required by the law, exchange information with the other involved parties. (names, driver's licence #, addresses, phone numbers, insurance and vehicle particulars)
- Obtain names and phone numbers of any witnesses
- Go with your vehicle to the Collision Reporting Centre.
- Remain calm, do not get involved in an argument, and do not admit responsibility.
- If the accident occurs within the GTA and your car cannot be driven, request the tow truck driver to take your car to the nearest CRC for reporting purposes. When the vehicle is released, direct him/her to tow the vehicle directly to Gyro Mazda.
- Report your accident to your agent or insurance company, send them a fax of the completed CRC accident report. Tell them that your vehicle will be fixed at Gyro Mazda's Bodyshop.
Collision Reporting Centres (CRC)
There is a police operated Collision Reporting Centre within the GTA. No fees are charged and the CRC is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:
- East Toronto Collision Reporting Centre
39 Howden Road